Credit Karma Money™, a single destination within Credit Karma for spending1 and saving2, today announced the launch of cash back rewards, giving its more than 110 million members in the U.S. the chance to earn cash back when they spend money at certain merchants using their Credit Karma Visa® debit card.3
This experience, powered by Cardlytics’ cashback platform, gives Credit Karma members access to Cardlytics’ network of thousands of merchants, including major brands like Adidas and Shake Shack, as well as local small businesses across the U.S. This launch serves as Credit Karma Money’s latest move towards making financial services more inclusive, giving members the opportunity to earn cash back when they spend.
At launch, Credit Karma members who already have a Credit Karma Money Spend account will automatically be enrolled in the cashback program–there is no need to sign up. From there, members can effortlessly begin earning cash back when shopping with merchants within Cardlytics’ network of partner brands. Unlike other rewards programs, cash back with Credit Karma Money Spend offers real money, not points, and there are no payout minimums required. Any cash earned by members, no matter how small the amount, will be credited back to their Credit Karma Money Spend account and can be used as soon as it’s available.
“Cashback benefits and other such rewards have historically been reserved for credit cards. Specifically, those that are most often only obtained by consumers with prime credit,”
“That didn’t seem fair to us. That’s why we sought to deliver cash back rewards to our members for spending with retailers they already know and love. The best part? They’re able to earn cash back for spending money they already have, resulting in more money in Americans’ pockets.”
Poulomi Damany, SVP/GM of Credit Karma Money and Tax.
Members can earn cash back through automatic offers, which are earned when a member uses their Credit Karma Visa® debit card4 to make a purchase at any merchant within Cardlytics’ network. Purchases can be made both in-store and online, in most cases.
Cash back rewards are Credit Karma Money’s latest feature aimed at incentivizing consumers to spend within their means by giving them the chance to earn cash back for practicing good financial habits. This feature follows Credit Karma Money’s launch of Instant Karma5, a feature that randomly reimburses members for purchases made using their Spend account.
“Checking accounts are one of the oldest financial products on the market and yet, they’ve largely remained unchanged. In fact, most traditional checking accounts today don’t do much more than safely holding people’s money while charging unnecessary fees. We wish to change that,”
“We’ve built Credit Karma Money to do more for our members and that starts with helping them develop better financial habits and giving them ways to make their money go further. Cash back rewards from Credit Karma Money is the latest example of that.”
Satyen Motiani, Product Manager for Credit Karma Money.
Credit Karma is an independent third party and is not a bank. The Credit Karma platform facilitates the opening and managing of Spend and Save accounts offered through our bank partner MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC.
- Banking Services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply per account.
- Maximum 6 withdrawals per monthly savings statement cycle.
- Restrictions may apply. Purchases are made with your Credit Karma Visa debit card only. Cash back amounts vary based on participating merchants and are subject to change. Cash back rewards may take up to 45 days to be deposited into your account.
- Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card issued by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Visa terms and conditions apply.
- For Instant Karma: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sponsored by Credit Karma, LLC. Ends on the last day of the month. Entrants must be at least the age of majority & legal residents of 50 US or DC (except FL & NY residents are not eligible). Void where prohibited. To enter, use an applicable debit card or enter by mail to Credit Karma, LLC, P.O. Box 937 Pineville, NC 28134-0030.
- Early access to paycheck is compared to standard payroll electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to the payor submitting payroll information to the bank before the release date. The payor may not submit a paycheck early.